Privacy and cookie notice
It is of great importance to Attrans Ltd. to protect the personal data of our customers and the visitors of our website. We consider it as our responsibility to treat and protect your personal information with the utmost care and confidentiality.
Based on the General Data Protection Regulation – EU 2016/679 (GDPR), Attrans Ltd. is designated as data processing controller. Attrans Ltd. is located at Attrans Depot, Mdina Road, 9018 Zebbug, Malta and can be reached by calling the telephone number +356 22 585 500 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
This privacy statement is applicable to all data processing done by Attrans Ltd., this for all websites managed by us. Attrans Ltd.’s data protection officer is Mr. Kevin Filletti, who can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone via +356 22 585 500.
On what basis and for which cause do we process your data
Attrans Ltd. collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the execution of the agreement that you conclude with us.
- When handling queries, responding to your request for quotations or dealing with complaints. This can be done via the website, in writing, by telephone or by e-mail. Attrans Ltd. is entitled to do so within the framework of the pre-contractual phase.
- To be able to comply with the legal tax obligations resting on Attrans Ltd.
- For calculating and recording financial data as a result of the agreement that we have concluded with you.
- In the event that you contact us regarding any questions, comments, complaints or when invoking one of your rights. This can be done by telephone, but we also include an approach by e-mail, by filling in the contact form, participating in surveys and/or research, registering for our (e-mail) newsletter or by approaching us via social media.
- For the development of new products and services specifically aimed at our service.
- For internal analysis and the research for the development and improvement of products and services.
- To inform you about Attrans Ltd.’s new products, services and promotions by email. We will only do this if you have given your prior consent for the use of your e-mail address.
- Moreover, Attrans Ltd. is entitled to inform you about new products and services, based on legitimate interest, whereby we try to take your preferences into account, based on purchased or acquired products and/or services, your interests based on your use of our (mobile) website (including any possible used apps), bearing in mind your prior given consent. Attrans Ltd. can also do this via campaigns on social media.
About whom do we process personal data
Attrans Ltd. processes the personal data of customers, prospects, visitors of our website and other concerned and interested parties.
Who will receive this data
Attrans Ltd. only provides data to parties who are involved in the execution of the agreement concluded between yourself and our organization. Agreements have been concluded with all of these parties in order to determine which activities can be performed under the authority and instruction of Attrans Ltd. These parties are forbidden to process or use the data for their own or for other purposes.
In addition, we will never rent, sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for commercial purposes.
If you would like to receive regular updates from Attrans Ltd. regarding new products, services and promotions, you can sign up for our newsletter. If you have granted permission to receive our newsletter, we will send this to you. This permission can always be revoked by using the unsubscribing link in our e-mail newsletter or by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com stating that you would like to be unsubscribed from the newsletter.
How long do we keep your data
Attrans Ltd. maintains the following storage periods:
- Contact data: 3 years after the end of business relationship.
- Financial data: 10 years in accordance with local legislation.
- Shipment data: 15 years from delivery of consignment.
- Information requests and/or complaints: 3 years after processing your request or complaint.
Attrans Ltd. has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to protect your data and to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data. These measures are regularly being evaluated, adjusted and updated if necessary by Attrans Ltd.
The access to your data is organized in such a way that only authorized employees of Attrans Ltd. have access to your data insofar as they need it for the performance of their function.
Our website is secured in such a way that the personal data that you enter on our website is sent to our organization via a secure connection.
Everyone about whom Attrans Ltd. processes personal data is entitled to request access to their own personal data. If it turns out that your data is actually incorrect, you can have this information corrected. Furthermore, you are entitled to data transfer. This means that the data processed by our organization based on your prior consent or based on our agreement, can be transferred to another data processing controller. If you would like your data to be deleted entirely, you can request our organization to act accordingly. We will then delete your data from the moment that there are no longer any (financial) obligations to be fulfilled.
If you wish to invoke one of your rights, you can do so by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating a request for access, correction, deletion or data transfer. Attrans Ltd. will ensure that your request is handled within the legally applicable term.
Blocking your data for marketing
If no longer wish to be kept informed about Attrans Ltd.’s relevant products, services or actions, you can inform Attrans Ltd. by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, stating the request "Blocking". We will then block your contact details lest you will no longer be contacted by our organization.
Our organization likes to engage in a dialogue with customers, interested parties and visitors of the website about our organization, services and activities. This preferably through the web and (own) social media channels. The objective is to provide useful and relevant information. Another aim is to answer any questions that have been asked via social media. To do this, we follow the internet and social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs. We hereby strive to follow feeds on these channels, to take part in them proactively and/or to respond to individual questions and comments which are relevant. We specifically reserve the right to not respond to every question or remark. Therefore, no right can be derived from whether or not we respond to content. In the event that we participate in feeds, answer any questions or respond to comments, it may occur that we record (personal) data. These will of course be processed in accordance with this privacy statement. We are not responsible for the way other participants in social media channels handle your personal data nor are we accountable for the content on their social media channels. Should you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our organization uses Analytics (Google) to gain insight into how visitors reach our website and how they use it. In connection therewith, cookies are placed via our website. The information collected by Google will be anonymized as much as possible without your IP address being passed on. This information is transferred to and by Google and is then stored in servers in the United States. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is required to do so by law.
Google Analytics places the following cookies:
A cookie gives you an ID to your browser. Unique page visits are calculated through this ID, however, no personal data is linked to said ID. Since this ID does not have to change often, it has a duration of 2 years (_utma).
A cookie which indicates the user’s session. For example, if you visit the website from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., this is considered as one session. When you visit the website again at 3 p.m., this is considered as a new session (_utmc). Because you can pause in between, before a new session is started, this cookie is set at 30 minutes (_utmb).
A cookie is also placed that keeps track of where you came from. This cookie is updated per page view and has a duration of 6 months (_utmz).
Finally, a cookie is placed to delay the request speed. This cookie has a duration of 10 minutes (_utmt).
How to delete cookies
Naturally, you can delete the cookies that are placed on your computer, laptop and smartphone at any time. The manner in which cookies can be deleted depends on the Internet browser you use (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.). Please consult your internet browser for further instructions on how to delete cookies.
Complaints about way your personal data is being handled